March 13, 2020
To Our Valued Patients,
As we continue to learn more about coronavirus (COVID-19), keeping both you and our team members safe has been at the heart of our conversations.
Our office staff is vigilant about following all CDC (Centers for Disease Control) and AOA (American Optometric Association) guidelines, sanitizing all surfaces and eyewear, disinfecting all equipment and common areas such as reception area, bathroom, door handles, etc.
To protect our patients and staff, we ask that you, too, are mindful of the following precautions:
- If you are sick, please stay home.
- If you have had contact with someone who is ill or are caring for someone at risk, please stay home.
- Understand please that within our office, we generally must help you at close range (closer than 6 feet) so it is vital that both you and we are healthy and mindful of all CDC guidelines*
If you or your child are out of contacts or have broken or lost your glasses, we can almost always fabricate a replacement set, as we have your measurements on file. Please remember, same day glasses ARE an option for our facility.
As we all have heard, the keys to slowing down the spread of this virus are:
- it is essential to wash hands for at least 20 seconds
- Staying home when sick or having any symptoms
- Covering one’s nose or mouth when coughing/sneezing (and disposing of tissue immediately or doing so into the crook of one’s elbow), and then again washing hands for 20 seconds is KEY to slowing down the spread of this virus
- Avoiding touching one’s face and others
Until further notice, our offices remain open for all your needs. We are here for you, and we want you AND our staff to remain healthy. We will continue to closely monitor updates from Centers for Disease Control and the World Health Organization, evolving our operations and policies to respond as needed. Thank you kindly.
President and CEO
Overland Optical Family Eye Care